• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detroit locker???

B5BEE

Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
Just did a Detroit locker swap with 4:56's into an 8 3/4 rear in a 72 satellite, I had 3:90s before and never experienced what Im experiencing now. The car gets a horrible vibration at wide open throttle, and wheel hops like crazy, the gears are out of my 69 gtx which never had this problem. The satellite has stock springs and shocks and it has the pinion snubber on it adjusted properly. Im thinkin the leaf springs are shot, I never changed them since owning the car for 10 years. lol Any other suggestions? Also used 80w145 fluid in the rear non synthetic.

They work great, can't beat 'em for the money.
I can tell you a story that made two of us chase our asses with CT's. Got tired of it and threw on a set of ladder bars and all was well, but the car also was a 9.30 car but street legal. When we priced them, ladders were not that much more and I think CT's are over price....jmo...

Auto Transport Service
Back