• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Die Grinder?

arsinist01

Banned
Banned
Local time
6:39 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a decent die grinder. Planning on smoothing out some of the sharper surfaces on some engine parts. I can use either an electric one or air powered, as I have access to both at my work bench. Also curious about some good attachments for it that can handle a bit of grinding work.

Thanks for any and all help guys.

What size are you looking for? I got a great deal on a Hitachi angle grinder at Lowes. I think it's like a 4 or 4.5", I cannot remember. But it works like a big dog. It's electric.

Just looking for something hand held, not too fussy. Basically something small enough that I can work around and in and engine with it if need be. I'll keep an eye out for the hitachi you were talking about.

I have a Makita like in the picture, I've had it for about 18 years. I used to use an air powered one , electric is the way to go. I also have a Dremel with a cable die grinder attachment. It's has it's place. But if you want to hog out material, Electric has way more power than air.

906_act_1.jpg

Ok, I'll stick with electric then. Time to start reading reviews lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back