• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc brake swap

Ben Simpkins

Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
So on my 66 Satellite I have Manuel 10 inch drums all the way around. I would like to swap the front out with disc brakes. I am unsure whether to purchase a kit or purchase spindles from a early 70s B or A body. As for the rears I would like to upgrade to 11 inch drums. Were can I get those backing plates for those drums? I do plan on putting a booster on as well. Thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated.

B-bodies at the the time with discs had 10" rear drums, so save your money.MO. drdiff is who many recommend. Don't know if he has front disc kit where you don't have to change front spindles? They do make them.
https://www.doctordiff.com/brakes/front/

Most kits out of stock except Wilwood. If your running 14" wheejs make sure the kit says it will fit 14" wheels.

Last edited:
FWIW I had the best luck sticking with all Mopar sourced brake parts. It seemed like all those parts worked well together. I agree, check with Dr. Diff. Mine are manual disc 11.75” front/11” rear drum.

Last edited:
If you are doing an all OEM swap (like the 73 and up B/F/M/J 10.5 disk that clears 14" wheels), be sure to get all the cylinder related parts for the same car.

Bore size in the wheel cylinders and caliper pistons is what does the proportioning. Mixing around can lead to significant issues.

Auto Transport Service
Back