• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diy 440 MAGNUM pie tin.

Tony Tee

Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Made this myself, kinda.
20240301_183948.jpg

Had a old pie tin, removed the old paint and hammered out the few dents it had. Then sanded and polished it. And applied a decal from ebay.
This might be a solution for others that have been waiting over 2 YEARS to buy a reproduction.

You should quit your day job!

That is some great work and a very nice alternative....

Any tricks to getting the decal to lay down flat on the cone shaped tin?

Unless the decal has been made to fit the cone shape you have to cut a wedge out of it and have a join.
That's what I had to do on the custom decal I made up for my poly. No way around it unless it's designed from the outset to fit. I put the join at the back so it's less visible.
20231003_180546.jpg

Last edited:
A hair dryer, soapy water and a body filler spreader. But I also made a few cuts with a razor blade. And some patience. And the outer cone shape was easier than the inner portion, due to it being a bowl shaped compound curve. If I couldn't get it to lay down. I was going to paint it.

Last edited:
Long wait for Repos & from what I've seen, outrageously priced for a simple piece of stamped tin!
Very nice work you've done Tony Tee.

Auto Transport Service
Back