• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do 1957-62 C-BODY spindles differ from 1964-74 B-Body spindles?

Evan Frucht

Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
Do 1957-62 C-BODY spindles differ from 1964-74 B-Body spindles?

Looking at these two kits they seem to be exactly the same. I have a chance to buy the one with part number that says its for a C-Body (second link) but after a long and detailed comparison they seem like exactly the same kit. Someone bought it and they never used it so I can get it for a good deal.

I have a 1964 B BODY for the record. but both kits ( one has part number A-154 and one has part number A-156) seem to contain identical rotors, and that is what attaches to the spindle...

1. https://ssbrakes.com/i-10092522-196...non-power-disc-brake-conversion-kit-a156.html

2. https://ssbrakes.com/i-10092992-195...n-power-disc-brake-conversion-kit-a154-4.html

just double checked both items, and it said in the "replacement parts" section of description that both kits use the exact same rotors, calipers, pads, master cylinder, and it doesn't mention it but the brackets seem to be identical as well. can anyone spot what makes these two kits different, from what I can tell they are identical, except one cost more and says its for c bodies. if the rotors are the exact same, wouldn't that mean they are for the same spindle?

I have an opportunity to buy a brand new ssbc kit from a private seller but want to make sure it will work. his is the one with the part number that says its for c bodies.

I plan to call ssbc tmrw but wanted to see if I could get an answer here instead as they might not even be fully aware of what they are selling.... it happens.

another weird thing is: did they even have c bodies yet from 1957-62? just read somewhere that c bodies didn't start until 65?

the item is advertised as a disc brake kit for 1957-1962 c bodies, is that a typo?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back