• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have a carfax account?

sloinker

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if this is kosher on this forum. If not, mods please delete.

I changed the oil and filter and a daytime running lamp on a 2104 Jetta TDI today. The car has 114k miles on the clock and we have no idea the last time the DSG was serviced or whether the timing belt has ever been changed. She bought it with almost 100k on the clock. I told her we could run a carfax and possibly see if any of these services have been performed and recorded. If not we will have to do the DSG soon and the timing service in about a year. It belongs to my daughters friend, who of course doesn't have any money...we all know how that goes. So, I will probably cough up the $40 myself unless someone has an account and could help me out.
Thanks in advance, Wes

3VWLL7AJ8EM295998

2014 Volkswagen Jetta

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! CARFAX IS A FRAUD. I went circles around with them with the report on on my deceased fathers Lincoln. Reported as to be wrecked, and repainted another color. Anybody with a pulse and at least one functioning eye could determine in one minute, neither occurred. They refused to validate. SCAMMERS

Not sure if this is kosher on this forum. If not, mods please delete.

I changed the oil and filter and a daytime running lamp on a 2104 Jetta TDI today. The car has 114k miles on the clock and we have no idea the last time the DSG was serviced or whether the timing belt has ever been changed. She bought it with almost 100k on the clock. I told her we could run a carfax and possibly see if any of these services have been performed and recorded. If not we will have to do the DSG soon and the timing service in about a year. It belongs to my daughters friend, who of course doesn't have any money...we all know how that goes. So, I will probably cough up the $40 myself unless someone has an account and could help me out.
Thanks in advance, Wes

3VWLL7AJ8EM295998

2014 Volkswagen Jetta

A VW dealership might run the VIN for you if you are going to buy parts/kits from them. They might not give you a hard copy if prior owners are identified, but they might tell you which services, and when, were performed.

Auto Transport Service
Back