• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know the original owner of this car or any of the race history

speedchangesyou

Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
64 Polara crop.jpg100_0667.JPG100_0727.JPG100_3072.JPG64 Hiilborne.jpgJust bought it:

1964 Dodge Polara
Period Perfect
Race History & Completely Re-Done for the Street

Dodge Polara . Streetable Nostalgia Drag Car: 1964 Dodge Polara this car is "period perfect." It remains streetable but looks ready for grudge night with street M/T slicks and narrow front wheels. The car remains tame enough to be usable by not going overboard with gasser modifications. The look is right and the condition is impressive, originally modified in Detroit for drag racing, car has been kept to the same specs as when it was raced back in the 1970s. Hemi style hood scoop, Straight axle front end from a Dodge A100, front inter fenders removed for weight savings. Front wheel disc breaks conversion, Dana 60 rear-end from a 1968 B-body style car. Cragar S/S wheels front and back. Auto Meter Tachometer w/shift light. Power Steering, new pump & reservoir, Auto meter gauge package, oil, water temp, amp & volts, Engine: Builder #1: Vince Impastato (Impastato Racing Engines) has a fresh teardown w/new crank, seals, bearing & rings, Block: 440Cu.In. Bored .30" Crank: 4340 Forged steel crankshaft, radiused journal fillets, chamfered oil holes Rods: forged rod beam and rod cap separately (a two piece forging) ARP bolts, Pistons: TRW forged 6-pack replacement, true 10.5:1 CR, Cam: Mopar Performance Purple shaft hydraulic .484" lift .284 Deg duration, Heads: Stock 906 castings with 3-angle valve job, new valves, rockers & shafts, Hilborn Electronic fuel Injection System, ceramic coated manifolds Fast FXI ECU electronic computer w/Fast dual sync distributor, Fuel pump all braided fuel lines w/filters & regulator, Stainless steel 18gal fuel tank in trunk w/all AN fittings, Injectors 42 lb/hr (12 OHM) Map sensor, Air charge temp sensor, water temp sensor, Fuel pump harness kit, Main harness, Injector harness kit, IPU harness all professionally installed (11K) invested. MSD 6 controller, MSD blaster coil, Lightweight gear reduction starter, Optima Red top battery located in trunk, Transmission: Builder: Atomic Transmission, 727 Torque flight w/shift kit and reverse manual valve body, Converter: 2800 stall, recently overhauled with Hurst shifter, Exhaust System: Builder: Greg Carney, Fender well headers: custom 2" stainless primary, 4" collectors, Ceramic coated, Pipes: dual 3" stainless steel, Mufflers: Flow master 40 series stainless steel, outlet just fwd of the rear axle, QTP electric cutouts on 4" collectors, remotely activated, Rear Axle: Dana 60 out of 1968 B body, stock width w/snubber, Gear: 3.92:1 traction lock, Axles: Stock, Springs: super stock multi-leaf, Shocks: Air adjustable, rear tires M/T 28.11.50.15.

Attachments

• IMG_0980_1.jpg
    IMG_0980_1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 778
  • photo copy.JPG
    photo copy.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 620
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 625
  • IMAG0103-1[1].jpg
    IMAG0103-1[1].jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 664
  • DSCN1548.jpg
    DSCN1548.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 545
  • DSCN1544.jpg
    DSCN1544.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 587
  • DSCN1219.JPG
    DSCN1219.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 571
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 570
  • xz4uepcfscn00323.jpg
    xz4uepcfscn00323.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 538
Yes, its mine. Can I have it back? That is beautiful. Good luck with it.

Looks to be a nice clean car, but I'm not from the Detroit area {Impastato Racing, I Googled it, Chevy Camaro racer}, I don't know the car or the engine builder either, that doesn't mean much thou... Is it out here in Calif. now ?? I don't recognize the names thou, it says in that article "Ken" is the owner, if it's the same guy who's trying to sell it, then contact them for the original owners/alleged racers name/race background maybe... PLEASE Don't take this wrong, I'm not knocking the car, I like it, But It's not really period correct either, it's got allot of at-least "late 90's to present", style of updated stuff added {Gauges, electronic EFI & MSD controller etc.}, it's not late 60's or early 70's correct, if that's what the seller is trying to say, maybe the original car, hood, headers, seats, Dana-60 & straight axle etc.... Good luck if your going after it thou, it's a nice clean build, cool car, kind of sounds like someone is trying to boost the price with some racing provenance/history...

I'm almost positive that I used to see that car parked here at O'hare Airport. I'm pretty sure he was involved in aircraft maintenance. As for the car, it was always driving the other direction and I could never catch him :)

Guys appreciate the feedback...the guy at the Airport is who I bought it from, he was the manager of airplane maintenance for one of the airlines....he did a lot of the upgrades such as the EFI Injection, Gages Etc and Budnick is right it is now NOT period correct....I was able to contact Ken and am getting more history on the car...Thanks

Chuck

Nice looking car but how much flex does the front end have with the inner fenders removed? I ask that because I had a 68 roadrunner that was done that way and the cage didn't extend through the firewall to the frame.....and it had a lot of flex in it.

Guys appreciate the feedback...the guy at the Airport is who I bought it from, he was the manager of airplane maintenance for one of the airlines....he did a lot of the upgrades such as the EFI Injection, Gages Etc and Budnick is right it is now NOT period correct....I was able to contact Ken and am getting more history on the car...Thanks

Chuck

Cool keep us updated I'd be interested in the history anyway...

just saw the question Cranky had on the flex,yes it has a lot flex, thinking about adding a support or two to give it some strength....

Auto Transport Service
Back