• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone polish wheels?

GTX Dave

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for someone that polishes wheels. I have an "as cast" aluminum wheel (brand new) that needs to be polished to match its mate. The wheels were discontinued and the only ones I found on the planet were one polished and one as cast.
I have various tools and could probably do it myself but I'd rather find a company that does it as they might have a more streamlined procedure and proper tooling and hopefully provide a more professional finish.
There was a chrome shop in Florida that used to do this but they dont anymore. They had a very cool machine that did it and they came out like a mirror but ... no longer.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Look for a place that polishes wheels for semi trucks. That’s a huge market.

I've done it before but it's a lot of work. I have a lathe do them them on but it's still labor intensive. Maybe someone has a better idea on how to do it? It also depends on what the wheel looks like at the start....

Not sure where in Maryland you are.
Rick's Kustom Polishing Monessen Pa. 724-684-7799
Was still in business last I checked. Did several sets of wheels for me awhile back.

I am looking for someone that polishes wheels. I have an "as cast" aluminum wheel (brand new) that needs to be polished to match its mate. The wheels were discontinued and the only ones I found on the planet were one polished and one as cast.
I have various tools and could probably do it myself but I'd rather find a company that does it as they might have a more streamlined procedure and proper tooling and hopefully provide a more professional finish.
There was a chrome shop in Florida that used to do this but they dont anymore. They had a very cool machine that did it and they came out like a mirror but ... no longer.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I don't see any reason why you need to go out of state, you should have polishers around you unless you're out in the boonies. If you have trouble finding a "polisher" then just ask chrome shops, they often have an outside polisher.

Ask a local, reputable body shop ( as difficult as that may be ) for their mobile wheel reconditioner.

I polish my wheels using Mothers aluminum polish and Eagle Never Dull Wading Polish both together then buff. If you can't find anyone, you might be surprised at what you can do yourself with this stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back