• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does The Power Steering Pump On A 70 RR Mount Different On A A/C car vs A Non A/C Car

soundhd

Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
Changing over to a Saginaw type PS pump on my 70 RR (383 WITH A/C).
When looking for the brackets have seen references to some bracket sets being just for non A/C cars....some other do not make that distinction....(and they seem to look the same...?..duh...)
can anyone tell me (and hopefully post a closeup photo) of how a Saginaw PS pump mounts on a 70 B body with factory A/C?
Photo below of the engine area where everything goes..

thanks

DSCF0761_zps29350651.jpg

I posted some pics in your other thread. The Saginaw pump uses the same mounting bracket for both a/c and non-a/c. The A/C compressor plates mounts over the P/S bracket in the upper boss/hole in your pic. Don't know why some suppiers have a different bracket for a/c when the factory parts books show only one.

Thank you so much......that's what I needed to know
I take it the upper boss hole is where the compressor mounting bolt is just below the compressor pulley in the photo you posted showing the alternator?
.......I have learned in the past sometimes the info in the repo parts catalogs & web site are not always correct and when you call them for the info the person on the phone usually does not have a clue.....they just read off the info on their computer......thanks again.....

I posted some pics in your other thread. The Saginaw pump uses the same mounting bracket for both a/c and non-a/c. The A/C compressor plates mounts over the P/S bracket in the upper boss/hole in your pic. Don't know why some suppiers have a different bracket for a/c when the factory parts books show only one.

Auto Transport Service
Back