• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't know where I'm going

ESOXER

Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
So my wife and daughter are doing a prayer walk in the city tomorrow night, I don't go to the city unless I'm forced. Saturday is opening duck season, so I'm doing a solo boat camping trip. I'm going up river and gonna just pick a spot in the islands and riff raff somewhere.
PXL_20230928_230651576.jpg

My duck blind closes up and I can sleep comfortably, needless to say but I'm giddy.
First time I'll have alone time overnight in years.
I'm gonna burn wood, drink Jim Beam, eat Hobo packs and hopefully kill some ducks and geese, then eat those bastards too.

So my wife and daughter are doing a prayer walk in the city tomorrow night, I don't go to the city unless I'm forced. Saturday is opening duck season, so I'm doing a solo boat camping trip. I'm going up river and gonna just pick a spot in the islands and riff raff somewhere.View attachment 1531832
My duck blind closes up and I can sleep comfortably, needless to say but I'm giddy.
I'm gonna burn wood, drink Jim Beam, eat Hobo packs and hopefully kill some ducks and geese, then eat those bastards too.

Bah...Ducks? Geese? Its deer and bear season in Wisconsin !

I havent duck hunted in years, enjoy sporting clays and skeet....but sitting in a duck blind compared to a bow stand just doesnt do it for me.

However - you have a great day/evening to yourself and thoughts.....somehow those meals taste really good in those situations :)

So my wife and daughter are doing a prayer walk in the city tomorrow night, I don't go to the city unless I'm forced. Saturday is opening duck season, so I'm doing a solo boat camping trip. I'm going up river and gonna just pick a spot in the islands and riff raff somewhere.View attachment 1531832
The guy I bought my first yellow lab from was a goose and duck nut. I went with them and camped in duck boats. I think all hunters should experience sleeping in a duck boat with their retriever

Bah...Ducks? Geese? Its deer and bear season in Wisconsin !

I havent duck hunted in years, enjoy sporting clays and skeet....but sitting in a duck blind compared to a bow stand just doesnt do it for me.

However - you have a great day/evening to yourself and thoughts.....somehow those meals taste really good in those situations :)
Im working on my bear points again, got one in 2018. I'll climb up a tree too at some point. My daughter can't wait for pheasants, she loves chasing those around.

Im working on my bear points again, got one in 2018. I'll climb up a tree too at some point. My daughter can't wait for pheasants, she loves chasing those around.

I love pheasants over a good dog.....my buddy's have some pointers and that is a blast. Easy hunting :)

In my area I draw for bear almost every year. On this one particular lease I have a ton of bears and I am not even baiting, they were coming to my water holes every day when it was hot, but slowed down the last few days with all the rain. I am not actively hunting them, but if one comes through while I bowhunt I will consider it. I have so many pictures of them lounging in my small water ponds I almost feel like they are pets..... when it was really hot they would just splash around in there for hours. The ponds are like 5x7 feet so not a ton of room and only about 8 inches deep....LOL

Found my home for the night.
I got food on the grill, Beam and old country music. I'm freaking set! Saw some Woodies nearby too.
PXL_20230929_225748231.jpg

Looks like fun and I remember those days!! Good for you!! Roughing it to me now, is a cheap hotel with no room service. LOL :poke:

I hope you got some spray....gotta keep the skeeters off your peter. :lol:

Happy hunting guys. :thumbsup:
Skeeters better be snipers!
I have a Cummins with big tires, she's called "The Compensator."

Auto Transport Service
Back