• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dont know

steve maluk

Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
hello gang again
i know where these go but what are these for???? left and right
thanks all
sjm

DSCF5232.JPG

DSCF5231.JPG

They bolt to the frame rail on each side of the gas tank. Tie down hole faces to the rear.

Or maybe just on train cars during transport?
Although tempting to use them as a tie down when on a car trailer, I’ve heard that shouldn’t be done. They can tear loose from the frame while transporting. Would that have been the case too when new cars were being transported by tractor trailers?
They were supposed to be removed from cars during prep at the dealership but often weren’t.

Or maybe just on train cars during transport?
Although tempting to use them as a tie down when on a car trailer, I’ve heard that shouldn’t be done. They can tear loose from the frame while transporting. Would that have been the case too when new cars were being transported by tractor trailers?
They were supposed to be removed from cars during prep at the dealership but often weren’t.

50 years, and rust inside the rails can make a big difference....... but I cannot see them ripping out under normal conditions when new

If I were repairing some collision damage, I would not hesitate to use them to hold the car down for some minor pulling

Last edited:
i was fortunate with no rust on this matching number car picked it up 4 year ago
had quarters put on due to somone put quarters on in the 80s and painter did not like the sail panel seam bond
thanks for your input on tie downs
sjm

dodge 1.JPG

334168329_931931687940494_4512066796578532801_n.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back