• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Glass Install, from nothing

Virg464

Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
I'm installing the hardware on the door glass for my 66 coronet (2dr HT). I'm starting with the glass and a hand full of hardware pieces. I didn't take things apart, so I'm building from zero. Anyhoo, most of it's straight forward but the parts kit that I got from DMT has two nylon rivets. The kit works for certain A and B bodies, and I assume (I know) one rivet is for B and one is for A? I'm not sure which one to use since they seem to be for the same size hole, just different styles. I looked through the 66 FSM and couldn't find anything for door glass. Anyone know which rivet to use, and which side it is installed from?

Window 01.jpg

Window 02.jpg

Covered numerous times here. The rivet (on the left) holds the regulator "track" to the glass. The other appears to be an "up stop" and a '66 doesn't use that I believe, it started to be used mid year in '68.
superbirdbentdoorpt8 058.jpg
superbirdfullpaint5 086.jpg
superbirdfullpaint5 088.jpg
superbirdfullpaint5 089.jpg
superbirdfullpaint5 090.jpg
superbirdfullpaint5 091.jpg
superbirdfullpaint5 093.jpg

Covered numerous times here. The rivet (on the left) holds the regulator "track" to the glass. The other appears to be an "up stop" and a '66 doesn't use that I believe, it started to be used mid year in '68.
View attachment 1589046View attachment 1589049View attachment 1589050View attachment 1589051View attachment 1589052View attachment 1589053View attachment 1589054
Much appreciated, I did do a search but must not have used the right terms. Anyways, this is exactly what I needed to see. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

You may want to wait to install that bracket and rivet until the glass is inside the door, and the regulator is on the door.

You may want to wait to install that bracket and rivet until the glass is inside the door, and the regulator is on the door.
Hadn't thought about that. Is that doable once its installed in the door? Can you pop the rivet (center pin) through with your hands or is there a tool for that?

Hadn't thought about that. Is that doable once its installed in the door? Can you pop the rivet (center pin) through with your hands or is there a tool for that?
You could use a large pair of channel locks to press the pin in. That said I see no reason to do it the hard way unless you got ahead of yourself and installed the cat whiskers already.

You could use a large pair of channel locks to press the pin in. That said I see no reason to do it the hard way unless you got ahead of yourself and installed the cat whiskers already.
Nope, whiskers are laying on the fender.

Auto Transport Service
Back