• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door seals...are they on correctly?

Mocajava

Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
I have a 2 door 1969 Coronet hardtop that was totally stripped down and rebuilt. All of the seals and weather stripping were removed by PO before I got the car. All has been made new and now the rebuild goes on. I ordered the correct seals for the doors (from front of door at vent window to over head along edge of door opening/Top of glass to back of quarter window) There are no definite instructions/ proper placement of left or right on seals from manufacturer. I really don't know if I have them in the proper place or not...left and right could be switched?! They each have a preformed bend area which could work on either side and I don't have a car to compare it to. Does anyone have a resource that I could use/find to make sure these are in the correct way? I DO have a maintenance book but can't get a clear picture from that. A picture of drivers side with rubber molding would be very helpful. I appreciate the help of you experts that have done this many times.

If you are talking about the roof rail seals that go into the channel that fastens with screws to the roof and are along the tops of the side windows ( the side windows seal against it with windows rolled up ) I can tell you there is a left and a right seal. You can get them crossed, but the doors will be very hard to shut. Do not use adhesive until you are sure everything is right.... Also. those channels that attach with screws is adjustable side to side , so the seal goes against the side window. Probably won't have a problem with that if the channels have never been removed.............................MO

The 'double rounded' side goes to the outside. Sorry, this is the best I can do for a close-up picture.

upload_2020-9-2_8-37-0.png

The squarer side locks into the upper channel that is screwed to the roof line of the bodywork. Work from the top of the vent window joint and go in either direction from there.

Hope that helps a bit. :thumbsup:

The 'double rounded' side goes to the outside. Sorry, this is the best I can do for a close-up picture.

View attachment 996240

The squarer side locks into the upper channel that is screwed to the roof line of the bodywork. Work from the top of the vent window joint and go in either direction from there.

Hope that helps a bit. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the picture, I will check that on the car to see if I have them on the right side. I knew the experts could help!

Auto Transport Service
Back