• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drip Rail Support

Swamp Ape

Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
Hoping someone can offer some guidance. I have searched the forum and the interwebs and found some information, but nothing definitive.

I have a 72 Charger SE. The PO cut off the driver side drip rail support, and I want to put a new one on. I can't find a source for that says for sure it will fit this car. It seems that maybe the drip rail supports were the same for several years/models, but this is the first Mopar of this generation that I have dealt with on this.

I also assume the drip rail support is spot welded to the roof support like other vehicles of the era. I need to pull off some trim and stuff to take a look at it to verify that.

Anyway, if someone could point me toward a source for drip rail supports, that would be great.

Thanks in advance

IMG_2862.jpg

It’s a bit different than that. The drip rail is part of a thicker piece that attaches to the pinch weld inside the weather strip holder. I can show a pick tomorrow, but I assume they are not available for that year?

It’s a bit different than that. The drip rail is part of a thicker piece that attaches to the pinch weld inside the weather strip holder. I can show a pick tomorrow, but I assume they are not available for that year?

Thanks, if you have a pic, that would be great. If I can't find them, I may just fashion something or shave them off all together. But, it seems like a drip rail would be a great way to keep rain from running down the inside of my windows :)

Thanks, if you have a pic, that would be great. If I can't find them, I may just fashion something or shave them off all together. But, it seems like a drip rail would be a great way to keep rain from running down the inside of my windows :)
Sorry it took so long. Here’s some pics. Because they are not available for you year, you probably need to get some of it from a junk. You may not need all of it if you are good at welding.

5832E356-9CD5-4401-BA7D-1AE3D7882293.jpeg
AF64E69B-A419-4104-95A0-8EB06FFE49B0.jpeg
85F851F5-8018-4BE6-822C-9C57C2F1D1BC.jpeg
F64C3D80-6DF4-48A5-AFC8-9F59764BE157.jpeg

I can weld, but I’m not sure I would say it is “good”

I wish I could just find the supports. I know I could spot weld them and get them in. I am going to keep looking. I’m dealing with something else right now, but I’ll look into it in a bit.

I may have a few pieces that you could use for some rotted spots. I got a winshield channel & roof section to repair my upper windshield corners & used some of the windshield drop to scab in my rotted channels on the passenger side. I will check what I have left. These aren't available aftermarket but moparmarks might have what you need if you want the entire piece(s)

I may have a few pieces that you could use for some rotted spots. I got a winshield channel & roof section to repair my upper windshield corners & used some of the windshield drop to scab in my rotted channels on the passenger side. I will check what I have left.

that would be tits. Take a look at what you have and shoot me a PM please.

Auto Transport Service
Back