• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E-Body vs B-Body Clutch Pedal Interchange?

MoparMike71

Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
I've been doing my best to comb through the interchange manuals, service manuals, etc. and can't get a definitive answer on whether or not the complete four speed pedal assembly from an E-body will swap into a B-body. For context I'm looking at doing this in my 71 Charger, currently set up for an automatic. The pedal assembly I've got my eye on is out of a 70-72 E-body from what the seller knows of it.

I can see there is a clear visual different at the mounting location on the pedal assembly bracket, but from what I understand in Paul Herd's restoration guide (seen here), the assembly should swap from the E-body to the B-body specific to 1971.

You can see the complete pedal assembly for a 71-72 B-body on Brewer's site and you can see the same assembly, but for a 70-72 E-body here.

Anyone more familiar with this or has done the interchange swap?

I put an "E" body pedal set up in my '74RR, and it bolted in. however I never used it and put the automatic pedal back in.

I put an "E" body pedal set up in my '74RR, and it bolted in. however I never used it and put the automatic pedal back in.

Did you have to modify the attachment points or bracket? Just struggling to understand how/why they're different at the top

The pedals themselves are the same. The housing that holds them and the column is different.
All you need are the pedals, shaft and bolt on brace to convert your auto to a manual setup.

The pedals themselves are the same. The housing that holds them and the column is different.
All you need are the pedals, shaft and bolt on brace to convert your auto to a manual setup.

I think I understand. So the existing brake and gas setup I have in the car is the same housing that the 4 speed set up would use so I can just swap the four speed parts onto the existing pedal assembly housing?

Screenshot_20200512-143647.png

Thanks everyone, now that I've taken a closer look at everything I totally get it. Appreciate the help!

Nice to know.

Great detective work, everyone!

Auto Transport Service
Back