• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

electric fuel pump

major50

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
my six pack sets a lot, thinking about putting electric pump on. just to keep fuel up to carbs and make it easier to crank. anyone did this mod? and how did you do it? where would i put pump? any pump better than another?

Mount the pump back by the tank as electric pumps push fuel.

Aeromotive makes good stuff.

I also had a Holley pump a few years back and that worked good.

Check out their websites and they will have tech sections that explain their products and how to install them. Good luck, Alan

If you are not going to use the mechanical pump, You might want to think about putting a bypass regulator on it near the engine, so you can run a return line to the tank. Mallory makes one and I'm sure other co.s do to.

i am not using it to run engine, just to keep gas at the carb so it is easier to start. i looked at tank for a location. only place that looks good is on bracket in front of tank. is there going to be enough room so rearend will not hit pump? iam planning on using a posi flo pump from napa.

X2 ran great on my old Arrow & just put it on my Satellite. All the fuel you need.

Auto Transport Service
Back