• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emergency Brake Mounting Woes

Mr. Belvedere II

Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
Ok here’s the deal. Among the many little things that challenge me every step of the way in the continual, and what appears to me, to be a life long restoration of my car, is now I seem to have lost whatever clip or retainer that is used to accept the bolt that attaches the emergency brake pedal assembly to the left side of the footwell under the dash. Upon removal I heard something drop into oblivion somewhere, into what I’m guessing, is the the back of the front fender. This has left me with about a maybe 3/8 to 1/2 inch hole with no threads or way to secure the pedal aside from the two bolts on the wheel well or footwell. I’ve tried body clips and they don’t work, I’ve tried well nuts and they don’t work. Rivnuts look like I would be difficult to operate the tool in the location. Does anybody know what is supposed to actually go into that hole to accept that small bolt? I’m about to just try to fit a tiny toggle anchor but they seem flimsy and it’s not a permanent fix. Please help

Circled is what fell. And where it fell. I think. that area accessible easily??? I haven’t looked on my own to be honest but I don’t think it is. Also it might even be inside that circled panel and between that and another metal panel inside that is under the plastic cover of the interior

CE059144-58BA-47D2-BB75-7A96EA705847.jpeg

Last edited:
Open the door and either reach in there, or use a magnet to capture the retainer. Easier than that, remove the inner fender shield. If it fell between the fender and the rocker, remove the lower fender bolts and move the lower fender back, it may fall out.

Open the door and either reach in there, or use a magnet to capture the retainer. Easier than that, remove the inner fender shield. If it fell between the fender and the rocker, remove the lower fender bolts and move the lower fender back, it may fall out.
Ok so I feel silly, but I’m feeling far more thankful than silly. I found it easily after opening the door! Thanks for opening my eyes for me WILE! I was able to hold it in place and thread the bolt right in from inside the door where you said, too. This is why this forum and the members like yourself are so useful!! Such a simple thing and I was over complicating it! Thanks so much!! you made my day!
#fiveminutefix
4EF058F8-EAFC-4D3D-A547-781F3CB90AB8.jpeg

25DBE6FC-1754-48F9-B221-4419AF00ACA1.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back