• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Energy Suspension Bushings

dcmason69

Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
My question goes out only to anyone that has installed the Energy Suspension sway bar bracket kit 5.5135 on their 68-69 charger or coronet and kept the original bar.
When this kit is installed does the sway bar sit in its origanal position? meaning does the hump on the bar go upward as factory over the brace from radiator support to K member or does it have to be repositioned to have the hump go downward under brace?
I am needing to know do the new brackets sit further away from K member (lower)
making it necessary to put bar in upside down for clearance from brace?
Hope this makes sense, I saw one on a 68 charger and the bar was upside down
using the Energy Susp. kit just did not look right at all, I want to use my original bar do not want to buy another style sway bar. And want to retain brace.
Thank You
dcmason69

Old thread, I realize...
But if you're still concerned with the Energy Suspension kit, I'd suggest checking out my very recent thread on
this very topic. It's installed, all went very well and I like the results - and the factory bar has to be somewhat
in the original position once done or things wouldn't work at the link kit ends, eh?

Auto Transport Service
Back