• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Episode of Roadkill, Rocky Mountain Race Week event. Who has done an event like this?

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
I'm asking because I was thinking about the challenge and the joy and sense of accomplishment just completing an event like that would bring me. I have had no time to do much of anything but work and work my wife wants me to do that needed doing, but a big part of that was a vacation house that was a 3 year long nightmare to get done, and it's basically finished, so I'm trying to claw out some freedom.
It's been so bad I've been miserable for too long, and I like my "regular job" but even that's been challenging.
So anyway, post up pics, videos, stories about any drive and drag events that you may have done where your race car is required to be your only transportation, or link to any threads covering the topic.
I would appreciate it, and it may help inspire me to do the same one day, but in the meantime I will enjoy the stories.
Thanks
Rocky Mountain Race Week – Rocky Mountain Race Week

Check out Walker434 on fabo. He has done dragweek, sickweek etc.

I'm asking because I was thinking about the challenge and the joy and sense of accomplishment just completing an event like that would bring me. I have had no time to do much of anything but work and work my wife wants me to do that needed doing, but a big part of that was a vacation house that was a 3 year long nightmare to get done, and it's basically finished, so I'm trying to claw out some freedom.
It's been so bad I've been miserable for too long, and I like my "regular job" but even that's been challenging.
So anyway, post up pics, videos, stories about any drive and drag events that you may have done where your race car is required to be your only transportation, or link to any threads covering the topic.
I would appreciate it, and it may help inspire me to do the same one day, but in the meantime I will enjoy the stories.
Thanks
Rocky Mountain Race Week – Rocky Mountain Race Week
Man, similar story, except mine has been a 2 year garage/shop build. I'm tired if watching years pass by and not able to enjoy what I like to do. I'm an avid heads up drag racer and I miss it a lot. I watched this episode of RK a couple times and I want to do this too. I need to make a trailer hitch that will connect to the chute mount. I also need a few other changes/improvements to the car to get it to where I would trust it on the drive and it would run some quicker ET. Currently it is a low 9 sec car that I can drive anywhere, but I need to go through the trans and put all the HD stuff in it as well as a converter so it would live. With those changes and a sleeved block, I could dip into the 7 sec range pretty easily.
Check out Drag Week as well. They have various offerings of that across the country.
This gives me something to look forward to. Thanks! Maybe we'll cross paths?

Loved the roadkill episodes with Finegan doing the drag week events.

For the Rocky Mountain drag week we are about 200 miles from Kearney and about 280 from Great Bend. Raced at both and they are nice tracks. On my bucket list is racing at Denver.
I wish they would have Topeka on the schedule it is awesome to race at. We would love to do a event someday. Instead we end up watching the events on line. If you are thinking about participating watching the event online will fan the flame. But its hard to take a week off.

This gives me something to look forward to. Thanks! Maybe we'll cross paths
Glad it may have added inspiration.
I've done most all of what I could to prep for the 572 to my Roadrunner, much of it needed or wanted anyway, but some was "needed" specifically for the power output of the 572. I do like the M&H drag tires that have lots of tread void as my "daily driver" tires, and given the slow pace of the build, because of supply issues, I may wind up doing the AMD wheel tubs, leaf spring relocation inboard (if needed) getting a pair of aluminum Rallye wheels modded to fit the BIG FATTIES, and I still plan on a set of wheels and slicks for track use only, but I'll probably wait until I have the BIG FATTIES on so I can see if DOT legal drag tires may get me to or "close enough" to the performance in 60ft and 1320 that I want.
Again, thanks for the replies!

I built my car with the plan of doing the drag and drive events. A couple of friends have done them and, while they enjoyed the experience, they had a wore out car and were ~$4k lighter in the pocketbook when they got home!

I built my car with the plan of doing the drag and drive events. A couple of friends have done them and, while they enjoyed the experience, they had a wore out car and were ~$4k lighter in the pocketbook when they got home!
What cost so much?

What cost so much?
I didn't get a breakdown, but most I've talked to said $3500-$4k. Cost to get there, fuel (not everyone runs pump gas), hotels, food and incidentals. Take a 5 day vacation and see how much you spend when you account for everything!

I didn't get a breakdown, but most I've talked to said $3500-$4k. Cost to get there, fuel (not everyone runs pump gas), hotels, food and incidentals. Take a 5 day vacation and see how much you spend when you account for everything!
I'm a tightass, so that doesn't apply to me. Lol

Auto Transport Service
Back