• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Extension for front shocks?

mala

Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
Finally my new front shock showed up. Now when I put them on I realized that the shock is too short ( ext 15.500") and bottom out when I have removed the UCAs bump stop for achieve 5" travel. Is there a extension that can fix this?. Stock suspension on a E-body.
Howe important is 5" front travel on a 10.90 car?

Thanks!

Yes there is extensions for front shocks,I had to get some for my Calvert shocks on my 63 Belvedere. I think mine came from Speedway.

Don't know if they make connecting nut the same thread as shock threads. You might want to do a good tack weld if you go that way.

Watch using extensions. Make sure it doesn't bottom out when fully compressed. You will bend the shock shaft.
Doug

New and old shocks are both 10,250 compressed, but my old is 16.500 vs 15.500 for the new one. I have to measure before I made an extension so its not gona be any problems either way.

Auto Transport Service
Back