• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Extra long ratchet

JRL

Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

degreeing my amshaft today I got fed up with the short ratchets I have. I've found some 24" ratches for sale, but I'm wondering if there are any longer 1/2" ratchets out there.

Thanks

Jan Roger

GOOGLE: Northern Tools

Titan Extra-Long Flex Head Ratchet — 1/2in. Drive, Model# 11072
26 1/2 inches in length
$49.95 US currency

just slide a pipe over the end of ratchet, like an extension bar

Just use a cheater bar (like a chunk of heavier wall pipe) over the ratchet handle.(I use a trusty Dirt Bike fork from an old Yamaha....LOL) ........Or just use a closed box end of a wrench, swung on the end of the ratchet handle for leverage. No need for expensive specialty tool's you're not going to use more than a couple occasions.

Good luck

or, find a deep socket to fit over ratchet handle, then put extension in square end of socket and use that as your longer handle

I got a square tube here that just fits over 1/2" ratchet handle, works great

Is this a new engine? One of the things I do is slap in one piston and check the cam and usually throw in #8 and check that. Once the heads are on, I do a once over using an indicator on #1 intake valve. If the engine is in the car, make sure all the plugs are out. Don't hit me....I've seen it happen lol

Thanks guys,

the ratchet from Northern Tools was nice priced for the task, but they wanted 100$ to ship it :(

Was thinking about fitting a extra tube on an old one, but new tools are kind of nice too :yes:

Was hoping for a 40 incher...

I use a 1/2 Mac rachet drive and 25" breaker bar. If that is not long enough just do to the 3/4" drive set.

Auto Transport Service
Back