• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FATTER heater buttons

Bob Jordan

Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
IMG_2262.JPG
We had been grabbing spare parts for the 64 Plymouth when we could find them and we wound up with an extra set of controls - the vacuum switch and the green buttons. We'll have the switch rebuilt for a spare but I just noticed that these buttons that at first look seem identical to our originals are bigger in the up and down direction - so they will not fit through the four bezel rectangles on our 64. Does anyone know which cars used the fatter switches? I can measure them if necessary. Once I find out what they are I will post them for sale here. Thanks OK I just measured them and WITH the chrome sleeve they are 0.40" high and 0.80" wide. They appear almost like new with nice white lettering.

Last edited:
They did vary through the years. I've been picking them up at Carlisle, for a while, hoping to have some good ones for my projects. I can check my '65 to see what those are...

I bought a set of shifter buttons from a '64 New Yorker, I think it was. They were different from '64 Plymouth, but I don't remember if they were bigger or smaller. I still have them - would have to look at them to remember.

I bought a set of shifter buttons from a '64 New Yorker, I think it was. They were different from '64 Plymouth, but I don't remember if they were bigger or smaller. I still have them - would have to look at them to remember.

The Chrysler buttons are pretty narrow height wise... Probably 5/16 tall & about 1" wide...

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 8.24.50 PM.png

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back