• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiberglass flat hood for 71-2 Satellite/Roadrunner input needed

Sedanman

Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
I need to do a survey on the 71-2 Satellite flat hood I dropped off at VFN. They prefer to make the hood and scoop all in one. I have 3 options. They can make just a flat hood/no grooves on the outer skin by itself,one with the 3" 6pak scoop or a 5" scoop moulded into it. I told them I would get some feedback from you guys. The cost/labor to add a scoop to the flat hood after being made is about the cost of the hood itself,and is a whole days parts and labor. The cost of a hood with the scoop in the actual mold is $775 for a bolt on. If I have them just make a flat hood and add a scoop after it's an additional $700 just to add the scoop + the cost of the scoop. They want to know which way we would want to go and I said I would post it for feedback. I didn't realize what it took to add a scoop after it was made. I was hoping to add a modern Demon scoop to it. I need your feedback

My rough draft

Resized_20220207_175920.jpeg

Resized_20220207_180205.jpeg

I like the scoop made with the hood but looks like you only have 1 option the six pack For me it really boils down to what scoop you would like to see on it and go from there RC

In am not 100% clear on your options, Are they willing to make a custom mold with a scoop just for you, or is this something they already have a mold for?
Regardless adding a scoop is always IMO long term a less favorable solution vs one built with a scoop as a single piece.
They will make one hood. They will make one with the 6 oak scoop in the mold or a flat hood so you can choose your own scoop separately. If the hood and scoop are in the same mold it’s $775 if I remember correctly. It takes a day to add a scoop and they quit doing it because it wasn’t cost effective. I personally would like a modern demon scoop in mine

Auto Transport Service
Back