• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally Starting Assembly

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
69 Super Bee Restoration. The interior has been like remodeling a building, the more I took out, the more I see that needs to be done. Even the wiper pivots were froze, brake/clutch pedal assembly rusty, etc. all removed/restored with new bearings (clutch pedal) even had to replace the clutch push rod (original had stress cracks). The brake push rod was too long and had evidently been replaced before, but now have new with new bolts etc.
Found wiper pivots on this forum and installed grease fittings, new wiper motor, etc etc.
Steering column is out and being restored, almost ready.
Dash has been rewired/ repaired. Gauges and tic toc tac all like new thanks to Auto Instruments. Sourced AC vents and rebuilt, AC Heater box restored like new and ready to go in etc etc the list is long and that is just the dash area.
Car has been repainted its original B7, bumpers rechromed but a long way to go. Engine and trans were rebuilt before I acquired.
It is a process and I am enjoying it!

IMG_1137.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg

Nice,I hope next year at this time I will be were you are on my charger.

69 Super Bee Restoration. The interior has been like remodeling a building, the more I took out, the more I see that needs to be done. Even the wiper pivots were froze, brake/clutch pedal assembly rusty, etc. all removed/restored with new bearings (clutch pedal) even had to replace the clutch push rod (original had stress cracks). The brake push rod was too long and had evidently been replaced before, but now have new with new bolts etc.
Found wiper pivots on this forum and installed grease fittings, new wiper motor, etc etc.
Steering column is out and being restored, almost ready.
Dash has been rewired/ repaired. Gauges and tic toc tac all like new thanks to Auto Instruments. Sourced AC vents and rebuilt, AC Heater box restored like new and ready to go in etc etc the list is long and that is just the dash area.
Car has been repainted its original B7, bumpers rechromed but a long way to go. Engine and trans were rebuilt before I acquired.
It is a process and I am enjoying it!

View attachment 1515666

View attachment 1515667

View attachment 1515668
How long has the restoration been going. And I was blessed to find a one owner charger. Was looking for many years.

How long has the restoration been going. And I was blessed to find a one owner charger. Was looking for many years.
About two years. Had replaced a lot of metal, Quarters, trunk pans and more. Was fortunate to have a local guy that could do that.

IMG_4656.jpeg

IMG_4663.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back