• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firewall hole diagram?

torredcuda

Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
Is there a diagram for all the holes on the firewall for B-bodies, specifically a `70 road runner, I`ve seen them for E-bodies?

The unmarked dimple holes are for the interior firewall pad plastic nails.

Firewall_legend.png

The unmarked dimple holes are for the interior firewall pad plastic nails.

View attachment 1375028
I'm curious about your hole marked out for the Clutch Safety Switch wire........was that a factory hole, or did someone drill that one out ? I have not seen that before, and there was a thread about that earlier in the week. '70 RR firewall hole ID

The clutch safety switch is normally mounted on the pedal box, and the wire is internally fitted under the dash into the firewall terminal box.

I'm curious about your hole marked out for the Clutch Safety Switch wire........was that a factory hole, or did someone drill that one out ? I have not seen that before, and there was a thread about that earlier in the week. '70 RR firewall hole ID

The clutch safety switch is normally mounted on the pedal box, and the wire is internally fitted under the dash into the firewall terminal box.
On a 70 it is a factory hole. The clutch (neutral) safety switch wire goes through the firewall to the starter relay. You can see the grommet on the switch wire in the attached pic. For automatics it is not drilled and is just a dimple in the firewall.

P9070020.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back