• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fixed! Changed 727 park lock cover gasket and now have clicking noise when rolling. Park cable adjustment???

Nismobishi

Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Hey all,
I recently fixed a few oil leaks on my 727 and replaced the park cover gasket and park cable retainer bolt. I think my parking lock is just barely dragging because when I roll forward there is a light sounding fast clicking noise now. What is the proper procedure for adjusting the park lock cable?

I also pushed inward on the rear band pivot shaft and covered the hole with RTV like everyone does. Pushing forward on that would'nt cause a noise right? It didn't even move actually.

20230512_144506.jpg

Sounds like you will need to adjust it. The parking sprag will make a ratcheting noise if you try to put it in park and the car is rolling.

Loosen the bolt. Pull the cable in and out let is settle. It usually ends up with around 1/8" of the steel sleeve out of the housing. Then tighten the bolt. If that doesn't cure it the spring is probably installed wrong.
Doug

Last edited:
I just looked at my before picture and it does look like it is in 1/8" further. I guess I will pull it out a little tomorrow and retest. Thanks!

Well I adjusted the parking lock cable to about 1/8" out and it's all fixed up! Thanks everyone!

Auto Transport Service
Back