• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Floyd Garret Muscle Car Museum

Toxic Orange 493

Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
In 2019, my wife and I visited the Floyd Garret Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN. I was just thinking about it the other day and all of the nice Mopars that were there. I just went to look at their website and discovered that it just permanently closed at the end of October. I figured I would post a few of the pictures from when I was there.

'68 Charger R/T with a Hemi and only 12,000 miles.
IMG_8764.JPG

IMG_8765.JPG

IMG_8766.JPG

A pair of '71 Cudas. The convertable was a 383 with only 38,000 miles on it. The hardtop had a Hemi and I believe had been restored.

IMG_8783.JPG

IMG_8784.JPG

IMG_8785.JPG

IMG_8786.JPG

IMG_8787.JPG

He is a great guy. I had my Duster there for several weeks. I also left my rig stored on his lot.
He really took care of me ,for someone he didn't even know. Took me to the airport,picked me up when I got back and even gave me his brand new truck to drive for a few days.Southern hospitality at it's best !

Last edited:
Great looking cars. Do you remember any particulars on the 71 Runner?

I had been there a couple of times as a side trip off I-75 on our way South to brother-in-law's place in Tifton, Ga. I found Floyd a very interesting guy to talk to. He is a Pontiac guy, but liked Mopars, too. I remember a couple of early Max Wedge cars there. I had the impression that a lot of the cars were friends' cars on loan or there for temporary storage. The one time I visited, we were driving my one-of-none 1967 Coronet R/T station wagon. Floyd came right out to meet me and check out our wagon. I tried to tell him that although I had never seen another like mine in the US., they are quite common in Canada. He called BS on me.

scan0001[2].jpg scan0002[2].jpg

Last edited:
RIP Floyd. It was an honour to meet you and talk to you. Wonderful cars!

Great looking cars. Do you remember any particulars on the 71 Runner?

Unfortunately I do not. I thought I had taken some pictures of the '71, but I could not find them last night. I will keep looking and post them if I find any more.

When I was there.Floyd told me only 6 cars belonged to him.
The rest were on loan. Get this,he had a staff that cleaned,maintained,and had your car ready to go even if it was just for a days drive.It was his way of paying forward for the use of the cars in the museum.

I didn't get to talk with him when I was there, but I wish that I would have. It's unfortunate to see the museum close after being there for 25 years. If I remember correctly, it was only $10 a person to go in. I know that he loved cars, but I am not sure how he covered the cost of the building, utilities, staff, etc because when I was there, only a handful of people were inside.

Either way, I wish someone would take it over and keep it open. If I was ever back in the area I would visit it again.

I'm sure there were monthly fees payed from the car owners.

Back in the early 90’s I went to a facility in South Carolina that housed a bunch of cars that Floyd
co-owned with another individual. The cars were all awesome and low mileage. I had the chance at that time to acquire Jerry Stahl’s 66 Hemi Belvedere but I passed on it. The car was painted white over the original lettering so it was unmistakable. Not buying it was just one of many mistakes. I made in the car hobby.

Nice cars too

RIP Mr. Garret

Auto Transport Service
Back