• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fontana dec. Street legal

Not that I've found. Can't say I saw any improvement even when I ran some "pop"

smelled good though

It worked for me in my 440. I have an honest 10.1:1 CR with 190 lbs of cylinder pressure and on a hot day it would ping on pump 91 when I got on it. Dumped in some sauce and 10 mins later no ping. The next day I took the car to the track with the same gas in the tank and it rattled big time. Mixed in some real race gas and the rattle was gone. I think it's best to get a 5 gal can of the good stuff and figure out how much you need to add per tank of pump gas. Don't add too much and raise the octane above what your compression will allow; also don't retard the timing to band aid it. You want to be on the verge of detonation to make the most power.

Yes, had to use it in Australia to run their **** gas in my Harley. Bike was tuned to our 91 octane. Their 93 wouldnt do the job, so a measured dose of octane boost to give a 2 point bump did the job. Different octane computing method they use there.

What my builder told me some time back and makes sense chemically is that they do improve top side lubrication - which in turn helps reduce detonation and pinging. I don't think there is any additional "energy" added to the fuel as an actual high octane fuel provides.

Auto Transport Service
Back