• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE - 63 Polara convertible ****NOT MINE

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
I thought this was interesting. I don't believe it's an original max wedge car but could have some valuable parts plus the car, maybe a real max wedge engine?
1963 Dodge Polara - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

00z0z_b4P7QWaReOyz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 01616_lnxndkAK4sgz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Stranger things have happened, it could be real, but someone more knowledgeable than me on the early B's would have to verify.

Keep us posted on the details.

nice car to start with not a real max car has ps wrong brake line off the mc the wiring not on the the inner fenders no 4 speed on max wedge in 63 its a t10 mid year option

to start with not a real max car has ps wrong

You seem pretty confident :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I was thinking its prolly a street wedge that someone put the crossram on.... I was looking for exhaust manifolds and cant really see any, so no max wedge there. Also, didn't the maxies come with painted VC's and only the street wedges got chrome?? The seller knows something about it for sure, with that license plate lol.

You seem pretty confident :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I was thinking its prolly a street wedge that someone put the crossram on.... I was looking for exhaust manifolds and cant really see any, so no max wedge there. Also, didn't the maxies come with painted VC's and only the street wedges got chrome?? The seller knows something about it for sure, with that license plate lol.

Random license plate number

How much is a good 63/64 426 block worth? Were there differences between max and single 4 bbl blocks?

If it's a transplant, it's been there for a while. Interesting license plate.
3 for 63
MXW for Max Wedge
447 for maybe a 30 over 440 block.
Correct 7 letter & numbers for a legal plate.
It sounds like something that I would have thought of for a current day personalized license plate. :)
Still worth taking a good look at and the body looks solid, especially for a convertible.

If it's a transplant, it's been there for a while. Interesting license plate.
3 for 63
MXW for Max Wedge
447 for maybe a 30 over 440 block.
Correct 7 letter & numbers for a legal plate.
It sounds like something that I would have thought of for a current day personalized license plate. :)
Still worth taking a good look at and the body looks solid, especially for a convertible.

Calif does not allow that sequence for personalized plates. That is a random Calif issue plate
That plate was issued 1996/1997

I was thinking if all the parts were original on the engine would be good value but carbs are definitely wrong, you can see electric choke
Would be good if block was orig to car and someone added the crossram

also no street wedge till 64 also you could bye cv over the counter i have had max wedge cars over the years i know these car pretty well also give darrel davis a call with the vin or have someone with his 63 dodge book to see if the vin is in it

No longer posted :(

Bah!! thats a shame..... I had another question for the gurus, but those pix may have helped answer..... It looked to me like there were two knobs to the left side of the column, on the dash of that Polara..... So, my question, would'nt ANY Max Wedge car have had a manual choke knob and cable in that location?? And what if street wedge, or other engine for that matter??? Would'nt they have been automatic choke? So, I know one of those knobs is Em Brake release. Maybe other is convertible top control?? I'm pretty sure choke knob would be right there if a Maxie.

This car has electric choke no cables.
My new car has manual chokes with knobs lower left dash but it's a clone so maybe not exactly correct. You can see one cable on the firewall and one along the fender both entering through same grommet

1963PlymFuryPinkBG-engine.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back