• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found some more treasures

cbodybob

Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
So I responded to an add on Marketplace. Guy a couple towns over had a bunch of MOPAR parts he was selling. So my buddy & I headed over. The mail box at the road lead down a path littered with abandoned cars & very run down trailer homes. Looked like meth labs. My buddy & I grabbed our pistols. Afterall the guy knew I was coming with a pocket full of cash. So feeling uneasy about venturing down the path in the woods I called the guy & said hey man what’s up. Are you down in here somewhere. He said stay right there. I’m on my way & I’ll meet up. So 5 minutes later a dark colored Nissan pulls up beside me & the guy rolls down the window. Tough, scruffy & stocky dude & said follow me & drove off. I looked at my buddy a former bar owner & pretty tough guy himself & said you up. He said yea but I don’t like it. So I followed the car down about a quarter mile on this washed out dirt path in the woods. It opens up & there’s a shop with lifted trucks everywhere. Most of them Dodges. I was driving a Ram & said to my buddy I wonder how he got all these Ram trucks. He lured them in here with a MOPAR add. So I got out & my buddy cautiously gets out & I told the guy we are armed & was there any wild dogs or snakes. He whips out his pistol with a clip & says you’ll be fine I’m packing to. That was reassuring for us to hear LOL. So we greet shake hands & I gave him the most firm manly handshake I could muster. He said the parts are in the old trailer home & proceeds to unlock a latched door. He walks in & turns & says you coming. I said well just bring the stuff to the door & I’ll lay it on the ground & look it all over. My buddy back aways still unsure. The guy starts handing me all kinds of cool Mopar stuff & tells me he sold his cars & these were his spare parts. I was impressed & to be honest he seemed very cool & nice. I paid him & we loaded the parts up in my truck. My buddy who’s an AMC guy asked as he always does we we go on these adventures if he had or knew of any AMC stuff. He said yea I have some Jeeps & Kaiser military trucks down that path as he pointed & my step father has a bunch of Gremlins & other AMC cars. So I asked him if we could walk down & see the Kaiser trucks. He said sure & headed down the path and these pics are what was down there that was old. He let me video them & then I asked if we could go to his step fathers place & see the AMC cars. He said yea. So we followed him there. About 15 minutes & the guy had a 74 Javelin hot rod, Gremlin drag car & several parts cars including a 78 V8 powered Pacer wagon. Very rare car. One of three V8 Pacers I’ve seen. This is near Collier Motors AMC dealership so quite a few AMC cars still exist out that way. Anyway got to talking with the guy & he’s big into lifted old trucks so I gave him a lead on a Power Wagon I had found a couple years ago & even called to make sure it was still there. So yea my adventures take me in some interesting places. Ain’t gonna lie this one worried me a little, but it turned out sweet. Scored some cool hard to find parts & got some good videos.
0DFEC049-70F6-4640-9F79-86265851D4B8.jpeg
79A7309B-FA32-4502-82BF-C337F85259A0.jpeg
BA26BC04-EEF5-4E6D-A93E-A78F5DD1A314.jpeg
C17609AC-FCA4-4991-B9D2-28F96EA7A90E.jpeg
F839289F-CA34-4932-831D-DBDDF6F81458.jpeg

As you well know, it's still out there.

My best friend and a friend of his are into early Honda motorcycles. Two weeks ago they were going to buy 5 bikes. They live in Pennsylvania and the bikes are in New Jersey. He was wondering if he should bring his pistol, I asked why, "Well we're taking 10 grand with us"! Jersey frowns big time on out of state people even with permits carrying. Deal went OK without a problem.

Too Much Danger for me! Lucky you. Glad you made another friend, but wow!

Been there, but before conceal/carry times. Was in Arkansas and called on an E body.

Seller met us at a dirt road turn off, said follow me and we drove another 5 minutes into the woods. Even drove across a shallow creek.

I couldn't believe the shack this guy was living in. The car was nice but way over priced for the time. We couldnt get out of there quick enough.

Glad it worked out for you.

So I responded to an add on Marketplace. Guy a couple towns over had a bunch of MOPAR parts he was selling. So my buddy & I headed over. The mail box at the road lead down a path littered with abandoned cars & very run down trailer homes. Looked like meth labs. My buddy & I grabbed our pistols. Afterall the guy knew I was coming with a pocket full of cash. So feeling uneasy about venturing down the path in the woods I called the guy & said hey man what’s up. Are you down in here somewhere. He said stay right there. I’m on my way & I’ll meet up. So 5 minutes later a dark colored Nissan pulls up beside me & the guy rolls down the window. Tough, scruffy & stocky dude & said follow me & drove off. I looked at my buddy a former bar owner & pretty tough guy himself & said you up. He said yea but I don’t like it. So I followed the car down about a quarter mile on this washed out dirt path in the woods. It opens up & there’s a shop with lifted trucks everywhere. Most of them Dodges. I was driving a Ram & said to my buddy I wonder how he got all these Ram trucks. He lured them in here with a MOPAR add. So I got out & my buddy cautiously gets out & I told the guy we are armed & was there any wild dogs or snakes. He whips out his pistol with a clip & says you’ll be fine I’m packing to. That was reassuring for us to hear LOL. So we greet shake hands & I gave him the most firm manly handshake I could muster. He said the parts are in the old trailer home & proceeds to unlock a latched door. He walks in & turns & says you coming. I said well just bring the stuff to the door & I’ll lay it on the ground & look it all over. My buddy back aways still unsure. The guy starts handing me all kinds of cool Mopar stuff & tells me he sold his cars & these were his spare parts. I was impressed & to be honest he seemed very cool & nice. I paid him & we loaded the parts up in my truck. My buddy who’s an AMC guy asked as he always does we we go on these adventures if he had or knew of any AMC stuff. He said yea I have some Jeeps & Kaiser military trucks down that path as he pointed & my step father has a bunch of Gremlins & other AMC cars. So I asked him if we could walk down & see the Kaiser trucks. He said sure & headed down the path and these pics are what was down there that was old. He let me video them & then I asked if we could go to his step fathers place & see the AMC cars. He said yea. So we followed him there. About 15 minutes & the guy had a 74 Javelin hot rod, Gremlin drag car & several parts cars including a 78 V8 powered Pacer wagon. Very rare car. One of three V8 Pacers I’ve seen. This is near Collier Motors AMC dealership so quite a few AMC cars still exist out that way. Anyway got to talking with the guy & he’s big into lifted old trucks so I gave him a lead on a Power Wagon I had found a couple years ago & even called to make sure it was still there. So yea my adventures take me in some interesting places. Ain’t gonna lie this one worried me a little, but it turned out sweet. Scored some cool hard to find parts & got some good videos. View attachment 1277385View attachment 1277386View attachment 1277387View attachment 1277388View attachment 1277389
Now you have
a "Great story" too...

been there, more times than I'd like to say
most of the time the people were cool & down to the earth types
just not keeping up the looks of the property
that part always gets my hackles up a bit, makes me nervous...

Always armed too

You guys are doing some great work out there Bob :thumbsup:

This was quite interesting even though I've seen some vids and pictures before, you did a great up close look.

If you guys haven't followed Bob and the crew tracking down leads on different cars you really need to. :)

You guys are doing some great work out there Bob :thumbsup:

This was quite interesting even though I've seen some vids and pictures before, you did a great up close look.

If you guys haven't followed Bob and the crew tracking down leads on different cars you really need to. :)

Thank you. There’s 8 of us that make up the channel. 3 states. North Carolina, Virginia & New York. We’re all buddies & trade cars & parts amongst each other. We spend a lot of time on the road chasing leads, picking up cars & going to car events so I call them my Field Agents and assign an engine size of their choice as a moniker just for the fun factor. That particular video was Field Agent 880. He’s quite good at finding cars & has a ton of contacts. Really glad you enjoy the channel. We are true car guys & far from experts. At the end of most videos I list all the Field Agents. We also have a few subscribers submitted videos. Something kinda new & outside the box that works as their videos have done well. It makes in fun when subscribers can join in the fun too.

Auto Transport Service
Back