• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front steering knuckle and rotor

Nathan Barry

Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
hey guys , im new to this forum . i have a 69 charger RT/SE unrestored . bought it from the original owners widow . numbers matching engine and trans , fender tag , build sheet and oil change receipts from 69 and 70 . Over the winter i pulled the engine and trans and set them aside and replaced them with a 500 stroker and 727 auto . rebuilt the whole front end at the same time as the parts were from the 1980's and some original.

Now for the bad news , was driving on the freeway today and the passenger side steering knuckle shaft sheered off , it broke the bolt holes in the bendix 4 piston caliper at the same time. the rotor also has some damage as well but might be salvageable. im looking for some direction on how to go about the repairs on this as i know these parts are very difficult to find . am i better off going with a wilwood system now ?

any input will be appreciated and will upload pictures of the damage shortly

7FCE9D54-788D-4E0A-89C2-C55C51583A2E.jpeg 5AC9BA90-C9A9-44DD-A79C-70D997521DBD.jpeg 78374C8B-8C44-4378-AC79-AA6A7AFB3EB4.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow! Any other damage Nathan? I'm glad that you weren't hurt. Should be able to pick up another spindle with out too much hassle. Where you at in NB? Oh yes Welcome to the site from another Maritimer.

Now there's something I've never seen. Bearing definitely seized prior. There's a few good FBBO guys down there in NB that might be able to help you out. @Kevin Bisgrove or @Islandkent might know where parts are close by.

Wow! Any other damage Nathan? I'm glad that you weren't hurt. Should be able to pick up another spindle with out too much hassle. Where you at in NB? Oh yes Welcome to the site from another Maritimer.
Thankfully there was no body damage . It looks like the brake line was what kept it on the car while I was stopping . I’m in the Saint John area and hoping to be back on the road soon

An original RT/SE, I would put the original type back on for sure. Welcome to the B body forum!

Auto Transport Service
Back