• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gastank vent fill issue

68gtx

Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
hello everyone,

my gtx was partilly built by someone else , i bought is as a half done project.first time filling my 68 gtx and quickly got my feet soaked with fuel, seems to not be venting, i crawled under and seen that where i think the vent sould be there is a roughly 8 inch u shaped tube that both of the ends go into the tank i think there should be something other that this cuase this is not open just closed loop, is there anywhere that makes the proper vent and where does it go? is there also a filler neck vent that i dont see?????

thanks in advance

Vent

If the 68 is like the 69 and 70's there should be a tube running up in the trunk on the front of it on the passenger side. There is all so a short tube that mounts on the frame right in front of the tank on the inside of the passenger rear frame. Good Luck Roniie

Get a NON VENTED gas cap......I had spill over problems too this fixed it. My old gas cap seal was old and loose and was sucking in air causing expansion.

Auto Transport Service
Back