• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good vendor 440 Source

fourgearsavoy

Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
I have dealt with 440 Source a few times over the years and I have always had good experiences with them and they always ship fast.
Just needed to share my good experience.

Gus

I agree.
They've always done me right and I've never gotten an ounce of attitude from them that so many other vendors seem to have. It's like they actually WANT my money and understand how to treat a customer.
I hope they stick around for a long time...

I agree 100%, I worked with a fella named Mike and he was tremendously helpful and genuine. Couldn't ask for a better experience. Now just assembling my motor, cannot wait to fire it up!

Same here. I built my engine, 12 years ago using their 451 kit and heads. The only issue I’ve had, was the supposedly perfect viton rear seal. It started leaking about 4 years ago. When I called, they said normally it leaks right away. That sure didn’t help much.

Same here. I built my engine, 12 years ago using their 451 kit and heads. The only issue I’ve had, was the supposedly perfect viton rear seal. It started leaking about 4 years ago. When I called, they said normally it leaks right away. That sure didn’t help much.
I just finished up a 440 for a client and used a one piece seal from Fast Fish and it looked like a really great idea. We have yet to fire it up but I feel very confident it won't leak. I wraps around the journal and the parting line is at 12 O'clock in the block. Only drawback is you need the crank out of the block to install it.
Gus

I just finished up a 440 for a client and used a one piece seal from Fast Fish and it looked like a really great idea. We have yet to fire it up but I feel very confident it won't leak. I wraps around the journal and the parting line is at 12 O'clock in the block. Only drawback is you need the crank out of the block to install it.
Gus
Thank you, I wish they would have had that around then. What surprised me was the failure after so many years. Other than that, I’ve got no complaints.

I’ll add some positive feedback too, too many companies get ripped over 1 little issue from 1 guy.

I’ve purchased from 440 source many times. Great customer service, and fast shipping!

Yep they also have a 100% sourced
& Made In The USA line of products too
along with their regular offerings

I had bought a few things there, have always said great quality
the Early (foreign Chinese cast) Stealth heads sucked,
I had issues, I wasn't the only one either, it was bad
(440 Socuce old (?) original ownership/management (?) IIRC)
burning head gaskets, torching parts
or having inferior foreign parts/intake valves broke etc.
They have improved, vastly
(IIRC there was a new ownership/management change (?) now, or shortly after)
but I still have moved on from the Stealth heads, decades ago...

Very costly to fix a head especially when a valve breaks off in it at RPM
especially, a 'fully professionally ported' set, 1 offs...
I must say they (440 Source) made it good, parts wise anyway
& I have no complaints there...
I had just switched over back then to Edelbrock RPMs
(for my better/hi-HP street-strip combos, the best combo, per $ by far)
Made 100% in the USA, I never had an issue after that...

Just ordered a few parts from them, last Dec. 2022 (?)
and got here quick, in a few days IIRC
when others were "still" claiming shipping/supply issues
(Wuhan Flu crap nonsense)

Great guy/s to deal with, quick service & shipping too :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Got all my low deck 512 stuff from them. Machinist said crank needed a polish, but they had never heard of 440source before and didn't believe the rotating assembly would fit.

I did all the assembly and everything has checked out.

Hopefully get a first fire up in a couple weeks.

Auto Transport Service
Back