• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my IBM card back - George Byer Sons, Inc., Columbus, OH

gtx6970

Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
Anyone recognize the dealer mentioned. I just got my IBM card back for my 66 Satellite and Danielle stated this is the selling dealer for the car

I was told thru a former owner it "MIGHT " have come from the southern Ky - northern Tenn area back in the early-mid 80s timeframe. But he wasnt not 100% sure

George Byer Sons, Inc., located in Columbus, OH.

So far with a quick search with Google, I came up with a couple possibilities but now called Byers Holding Co ????
Now a much larger conglomerate maybe folded into / became a MUCH larger company????

Last edited:
Doing some digging this morning. Found these

bldg1.jpg

bldg3.jpg

This brings back memories. When I was a kid in the 50s, most of the dealerships in my area were located in the heart of downtown. They started to migrate to the outskirts in the early 60s. The Oldsmobile dealer was the last to leave, and made a killing selling the property to Penn State in later years.

This brings back memories. When I was a kid in the 50s, most of the dealerships in my area were located in the heart of downtown. They started to migrate to the outskirts in the early 60s. The Oldsmobile dealer was the last to leave, and made a killing selling the property to Penn State in later years.
And that got red Xed why, @RSZ28? I hope fat fingers.

Auto Transport Service
Back