• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grant steering wheels adaptors and their instructions

Could Grant Products improve their service?

• Not really, they don't have the capability

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure, never used their products

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kiwigtx

International Mod of Mystery
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
I understand that Grant has been getting away with sending out shoddy instructions with their adaptor kits for around 30 years now. Photocopied on cheap paper, cut with scissors by hand, and then carelessly folded many times to ensure maximum degradation of the pitifully light copy because some dickweed hasn't changed the toner in the copy machine.
:mob:

Why has nobody complained about this before today? :p

After buying what I thought was the correct adaptor, I finally found a video made by a guy (Chebby guy) who actually made a coherent and well laid out tutorial on fitting one of these kits.
All the other videos I have seen show two thirds of bugger all.

Oh, and I found the correct adaptor....and believe it or not, it is available for shipping immediately. :rolleyes: More dollars down the swanny.

Here is the video I found.

I guess you're lucky to get directions anymore. But you are correct, the printed directions I received looked like Indiana Jones found them and then photocopied them.
In all seriousness, they should just print on the box to go to you tube.

On the other side of the spectrum, I received a network extender from my cell provider yesterday. The directions are a literally a notebook.
You only need 7 simple steps, but it is printed in 57 fuc#&$g Languages!
What concerns me more is there is 12 pages of troubleshooting tips.....

They were awful when I messed with the steering wheel a few years ago!

I've installed a few and never really had any issues.

...as long as you have the correct adaptor.

The worst to find was for my 66, but it went in just fine.

I did eventually find a PDF online of the Grant Instructions, but it took many hours, and to be honest....the drawing didn't make the job any easier.

Resellers of their adaptors and components could also do with making a decent and comprehensive list of compatible vehicles or steering columns that the product can fit.

That was part of my issue.

Seems like they take for granted everyone is installing their wheels in 68-74 cars and no one is installing them in 67 or earlier cars, even though they do make the adaptor for it, it was a real bitch to find the part number.

Last edited:
That was part of my issue.

Seems like they take for granted everyone is installing their wheels in 68-74 cars and no one is installing them in 67 or earlier cars, even though they do make the adaptor for it, it was areal bitch to find the part number.
...or everyone is installing them in a Camaro with an LS motor. :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back