• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Guy Alert!!

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
Back a little while ago - a few years - I had just gotten the GTX back from a total ground up restoration done up in my home state of Minnesota then shipped out to me to begin having fun with again. I had owned the 68 for 48 years. Well when I got it back fellow GTX lover Roger Kiwi Lang sent me a little gift just off the cuff. It was a little cast hot wheels replica of my car - all legit save the 6 pack hood I had on mine. This gift you must know if you know Kiwi came from his collection all the way from Kiwiland - New Zealand. Well I just thought that was he nicest thing and even kept it in the cars for others to notice. About 3 years on from that for some reason after all those years of owning my very first car I decided it was time to sell. Never really considered it before - but when the time came there was really only one person I wanted to sell it to. One of my very best life long friends that had coveted the GTX for all the years I owned it - and had made offers before but clearly under the market. I knew he could never afford it. That is unless I was willing to come way down. When I finally made the decision I called him and said “here’s your one chance”. The cars yours for what you offered me several years ago if you still up for it” Well he about peed his pants and the car was in his garage fromCA to MNin about 3 weeks. He hadn’t even told his wife. I had given him everything having to do with the GTX - including mini GTX

So to make a long story longer he worshipped that car as he had since we were kids. Then something big happened during all that craziness going on in Mpls during the “Summer of Love” or St George (Floyd) revealed his holy self to us. I’ll let my friend tell that story. Bottom line is that mini GTX disappeared. You would’t think that would have that big of an effect on my friend unless you knew the whole story. So hear we are a year 1/2 later and along comes Good Guy Roger Kiwi Lang - and again all the way from Kiwiland New Zealand he sends another exact replica of the GTX to give my friend when I go up to Mpls for Christmas in a couple of weeks. You have to know my friend and his son scoured the land to find a replacement for that replica. Could not find one. This will absolutely make his Christmas. It will be a big thing for him to get that small thing back.

And to Good Guy Roger Kiwi Lang I say hear hear and a few pints of whatever beer you drink as Good Guy of the Year.
Just more proof that FBBO Guys are truly the best and take care of their own.

Every now and again people cross your path through life, and they will serve to renew faith in your fellow human beings. Roger is one such person.

A great bugger he is.... :thumbsup:
superbirdcleanup20182019 506.JPG

yep I concur, @kiwigtx
Roger is a great guy, goes out of his way to help people

I don't know. I asked him to send me his little red wagon and I 'aint heard squat from him....

(hee hee) :luvplace:

Roger definitely deserves big a thumbs up in my book, he's a good guy that I hope to meet some day.
200.webp

gettyimages-167760944-612x612.jpg

Back a little while ago - a few years - I had just gotten the GTX back from a total ground up restoration done up in my home state of Minnesota then shipped out to me to begin having fun with again. I had owned the 68 for 48 years. Well when I got it back fellow GTX lover Roger Kiwi Lang sent me a little gift just off the cuff. It was a little cast hot wheels replica of my car - all legit save the 6 pack hood I had on mine. This gift you must know if you know Kiwi came from his collection all the way from Kiwiland - New Zealand. Well I just thought that was he nicest thing and even kept it in the cars for others to notice. About 3 years on from that for some reason after all those years of owning my very first car I decided it was time to sell. Never really considered it before - but when the time came there was really only one person I wanted to sell it to. One of my very best life long friends that had coveted the GTX for all the years I owned it - and had made offers before but clearly under the market. I knew he could never afford it. That is unless I was willing to come way down. When I finally made the decision I called him and said “here’s your one chance”. The cars yours for what you offered me several years ago if you still up for it” Well he about peed his pants and the car was in his garage fromCA to MNin about 3 weeks. He hadn’t even told his wife. I had given him everything having to do with the GTX - including mini GTX

So to make a long story longer he worshipped that car as he had since we were kids. Then something big happened during all that craziness going on in Mpls during the “Summer of Love” or St George (Floyd) revealed his holy self to us. I’ll let my friend tell that story. Bottom line is that mini GTX disappeared. You would’t think that would have that big of an effect on my friend unless you knew the whole story. So hear we are a year 1/2 later and along comes Good Guy Roger Kiwi Lang - and again all the way from Kiwiland New Zealand he sends another exact replica of the GTX to give my friend when I go up to Mpls for Christmas in a couple of weeks. You have to know my friend and his son scoured the land to find a replacement for that replica. Could not find one. This will absolutely make his Christmas. It will be a big thing for him to get that small thing back.

And to Good Guy Roger Kiwi Lang I say hear hear and a few pints of whatever beer you drink as Good Guy of the Year.
Just more proof that FBBO Guys are truly the best and take care of their own.
Thanks very much Kevin....it was a pleasure to help you out.....even if you were hard to track down again. :D

.....BTW.....if that model car ever goes missing again....I got you covered....again. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back