• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great movie recommendation: Against the Ice

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
12:05 AM
Reaction score
When men were men and did things just to prove they could. This historical documentary takes you into the freezing wilderness of Greenland with explorers and sailors in wooden ships. The Arctic isn't fit for man nor beast but somehow they must persevere and bring back the data from a previous failed expidition to settle a territorial dispute with the US.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt13873302/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Did you see the ship Endurance was located?
Ernest Shackleton's ship
Amazing story
Amazing man to keep all those guys alive and bring them home
We need more leaders like that

Did you see the ship Endurance was located?
Ernest Shackleton's ship
Amazing story
Amazing man to keep all those guys alive and bring them home
We need more leaders like that
Amazing condition the ship is in.....

The actor who played the Captain was in a movie called Shot Caller.

Good movie about prison gangs.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (born 27 July 1970) is a Danish actor, producer and screenwriter.

Just saw it last night with Submit. Thanks for the recommendation.

One point I didn't understand; what did they set out to map in their quest? Maybe it was explained, but perhaps I didn't get it with their Limy accents.

Just saw it last night with Submit. Thanks for the recommendation.

One point I didn't understand; what did they set out to map in their quest? Maybe it was explained, but perhaps I didn't get it with their Limy accents.
In 1909, Denmark's Alabama Expedition led by Captain Ejnar Mikkelsen was attempting to disprove the United States' claim to North Eastern Greenland, a claim that was rooted in the idea that Greenland was broken up into two different pieces of land.

Auto Transport Service
Back