• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone installed silver sport SST automatic transmission.

yes some finessing but bolted & line up with minimal work .. The wiring is where the fun is 68 charger carb
no electronics .. I am surprised by how much, more than I expected ....

Yes, I read an article that someone posted that’s what they said a lot of wiring

I did this 4 years ago in my charger, had to massage metal a little, but other than that bolted rightup.

I am contemplating converting mine. What shifter will you be using?

I’m in the process of looking for components center consul stuff like that but I believe I talked to one of the guys there and you can use a Lokar shifter. But I have not researched that one yet since I have nothing, I may wanna go that route for cost.

I’m in the process of looking for components center consul stuff like that but I believe I talked to one of the guys there and you can use a Lokar shifter. But I have not researched that one yet since I have nothing, I may wanna go that route for cost.
Thanks!

Yes, I already read through their insulation in the show it with a Mopar standard floor shifter. But I heard that you can use a Lokar. I just haven’t found any thing to support it at this time.

I’m a try this again. Already read through the instructions for the shifter. It shows a Mopar style automatic shifter handle. They do say that a Lokar will work but I haven’t found anything on it.

Obviously, I text poorly did the transmission Bolt in fairly easy
sorry I've been busy just finish installing silver sport 4 speed auto ...
Let me tell you its the best money I've spent so far!!!
Its freaking amazing the difference from a 727 is night and day..
CUP controlled unbelievable. I'm so happy I most Definity recommend it to all..
Trans temp gauge easy to install.. Trans lines gave me the hardest time header pipes in the way or to close
to lines took time to find best rout.. Lots of wiring not cool .. customer support fanatic.. Ask for Shane.
RPM drop like i wanted it will control that 440 i have . pleasure to Ride !!!!!!!

That is awesome. I’m going to get one. I’m just going to get everything together before I get the transmission because mine does not have a floor shift right now. I have a six speed.

Auto Transport Service
Back