• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headlights

murry

Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
what year did the T-3 headlights used and where they used on mopars

1956-1972 General Motors. In the 80s & early 90s, I would make a weekly trip to Pick Your Part salvage in Hayward, CA and come home with one or two 50 gal trash bags full of T-3 headlamps, both the quads (i.e. Chevelle) & twins (i.e. Camaro) at a cost of $1.00 ea. These were the days before ebay & online shopping so I listed and sold them via Hemmings Motor News, at $45 for a set of quads & $50 for a pair of the larger & rarer twins. Everyone back east was looking for these and I couldn't keep them on the shelf. It was a very lucrative mini-enterprise, until one day I discovered that the T-3s had been removed from all of the older GM cars, even those that were still waiting to be unloaded from the transporters. Someone at the yard had gotten wise & stole my enterprise away!

This is lectriclimited's link: https://www.lectriclimited.com/lighting-fuse-flashers

00000b.jpg

00000a.jpg

00000.jpg

Last edited:
I have them on my 58 vette

Thanks for that info Moms68. I have edited my original post to show 1956 through 1972 as the years that Guide T-3 headlamps were original equipment on GM cars. I'm basing this on the words of the 'expert' in the video attached here. Curious as to whether or not your '58 Corvette is set up for the scrutiny of NCRS judging?

Thanks for that info Moms68. I have edited my original post to show 1956 through 1972 as the years that Guide T-3 headlamps were original equipment on GM cars. I'm basing this on the words of the 'expert' in the video attached here. Curious as to whether or not your '58 Corvette is set up for the scrutiny of NCRS judging?

Yes. It is a Duntov award winner. The lamps in the photo below are for ‘58. According to the NCRS judging manual the lamps you show with vertical stripes are later model.

37E9C776-75A9-4318-9B9A-F3CFF3F1256B.jpeg 5DC81AC4-7F4C-48C6-AD3B-661AF55FEAC3.jpeg 52777FF5-63D7-4225-AFFD-D4D81921C742.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back