• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headliner bows ?

Randy73

Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
I have the headliner on the bows and the clips in place, I just can't seem to get the bows to flip up.
Do you go from the back to front or front to back?

Also, do you try and turn all 4 at once or one at a time?

73 charger - 4 bow

The bows should flip over when you pull the headliner forward. I put mine in by starting from front to back. I flipped one at a time till I worked them up and back. It worked for me.

I just put my headliner back into my 65 Coronet. I looked in the service manual and it stated to start at the back to front. Not sure if the 73's have them but mine had 2 wire hooks by the rear window, that is where you start. As stated by dave5237 they will flip over when installed.

I believe 73s and 74s had those two hooks in the back to keep the last bow in tension. And watching a video on youtube about doing an install with these hooks, it said to always start from the rear.

headliner

I always start in the middle and pull out to side along the way. When I get to back glue in place and start on front. Pull as hard as you can then start in middle on sides pulling and tucking as you go.

My 63 Dodge also has the spring hooks at the back bow. Sorry, I have an interior guy coming this Saturday to put my headliner in....I figure if I screw it up it will cost me for another headliner plus the fee to install it.

Auto Transport Service
Back