• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater box vacuum

Charger1969B

Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1969 Charger which originally had A/C, but has since been removed. I am replacing the vacuum tree on my intake manifold as I am going to an electric actuator system for the headlights, and the original has a crack in it. Originally it appears that the heater-A/C box got it's vacuum to operate the heater box from a vacuum line through the firewall. My questions is, was the vacuum line specifically for the A/C, or did it run the entire system? The reason I am asking is all of the replacement vacuum trees that I have found for a car with no A/C appear to have the small 5/16 vacuum hose tit connector removed. If this is removed, then where does the heater box get it's vacuum from, and should i just get the original with three outlets and block off what I don't need?
Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!
With AC.PNG
No AC.PNG

Last edited:
66-70 B body AC used vacuum for everything, B body without AC uses cables. Unless you change the whole box, you need vacuum for the actuators.

Oh jees, that makes so much sense now! I have been combing through the service manual and couldn't find any further information on it!
Thanks brotha!

Auto Transport Service
Back