• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

heaven sent

jason from mars

Local time
12:58 PM
Reaction score
my first wife left, she walked away from our 3 kids...I know this is a weird way to start a thread, soooo i'm doing the single dad thing with a standard cab pickup...NOT enough seat belts, I had a collection of old snowmobiles and an old fart from kooskia idaho was buying one of them,, slowly. We would converse about his old mopar he used to race in high school, he gets the sled about halfway paid for and his conversation changed about his car....his girl friend doesnt like him working on it because it is tied to his ex wife emotionally for him,,he now wants to know if I could use the car, I told him, if he could drive it off the trailer when he delivered it he could have anything and evrything he could fit on his trailer to take home with him..I figured he was put off by this, so life went on. Fast forward a couple of months, I get a phone call from him, he's going to be at my place in about 20 minutes with the car.....MIND BLOWN! he backs the trailer in and lights the car up and backs it off the trailer....I now had a car that would haul all of my munchkins properly,, GOD IS GOOD. he picked 5 snowmobiles for his compensation,,, some of the pics are not in order, I redid the back seat, new burlap new foam and covered it with a fuzzy blanket,, more pics to come

005.jpg

006.jpg

016.jpg

002.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

Interesting how stars a-line. You look like a “do-er” and a good purple color fer that ride!

Nickname: The Great Grape Ape!

Which youngster will be the first to yell out in inspiration……

F7276023-08F2-4F22-B9D2-0E79C27A2EDD.jpeg

Good life, best Wishes, happy cruising

A31856F8-F293-4CD9-A42F-CD0649C78D32.png

Shagadelic seat covers, man!

"Pedal" to the metal, but who's counting?

Yep! God doesn't always give you what you want, but he always gives you what you need!
I can see you have what it takes to get things done!

If it reminds you of your first wife, let me know and I'll come by with a trailer of snowmobiles.

Nice car! But down to brass tacks..
What kind of sleds??

Yep! God doesn't always give you what you want, but he always gives you what you need!
I can see you have what it takes to get things done!
well in this case he did both,, I have owned a 69 satty and a 70 satty

Great start.
taken about 18 years to get it to this point. the last 10 months it really started to come together, this pic was 2 years ago,,now with dad breaking his hip and me having to quit work and take care of him,,the car will sit on the back burner til dad becomes mobile and self governing, i'm betting another year and I will be able to continue on it.

72 002.jpg

I know about life taking over. My project was on the back burner for 4 years. Moved to a different part of the state, waited to get a new garage built, issues with first contractor throwing a wrench in the works, getting back on schedule going owner/builder, funds etc. Just have to be patient and take life as it comes, don't get peeved when it's not your way and enjoy the ride. During the down time, all sorts of research can be done for free which will help focus you when the time comes to dive back in.

Welcome from South Jersey, outside Philly!!
@jason from mars: Take dad for a ride ASAP!! Project was on backburner due to dad's health too. He got to hear it run, but passed before I was able to get it moving under its own power and give him a ride.
GREAT STORY!! SWEET RIDE!!!

@jason from mars: Take dad for a ride ASAP!! Project was on backburner due to dad's health too. He got to hear it run, but passed before I was able to get it moving under its own power and give him a ride.
trust me that is a goal I have

that ride is happening tomorrow,gonna lay down a towel on his seat, hes gonna **** himself,this car is stupid fast!

Auto Transport Service
Back