• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heavy duty tie rod ends

dodge68charger

Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
I have a brand new set of moog tie rod ends for my 68 charger but the boots have came off the housing that holds the grease in and wont go back on. Is this a big issue or would they be okay when they're compressed between the tie rod housings and the end links.

Any companys better than moog? Only company i know

Also is their any way of getting a heavier duty tie rod kit without breaking the bank. Seen a car on the hwy about 4 months ago with the front wheel pointing 90 degrees in the wrong direction. Thanks

(1) I'm not sure how they would sit when you compressed it back together but you can always Buy energy suspension tire rod boots from Autozone for five bucks a set that are really nice I just got done changing all my ball joint boots over to them really looks good (2) moog parts of the best parts I know of (3) The incident with the wheel pointing 90° probably was more lack of maintenance and the tire rod was so wore out I just came apart.

Get tie rods for a "c" body, they are 11/16 vs. stock "b" body 9/16 and you will need to get the matching 11/16 tie rod sleeves.

Auto Transport Service
Back