• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from the Midwest

Buckminster

Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Just introducing myself. I've been on the E Body forum for some time since I bought my '73 Challenger. I recently signed up for this forum, since there seems to be a solid base of people swapping in Gen III hemi's, more so than on the E Body forum. I've got a donor car (2006 Charger) and am now hunting for a 8HP70 Transmission while I'm waiting for my car to come home from the body shop. (long story). I'm working on filling out the details of my plan. For the major pieces, I've convinced myself that I want to use the 5.7 Hemi that I purchased. (donor car was wrecked shortly after the owner installed a remanufactured 5.7L and am in the process of selling off a NAG1 that came with the car and an 845RE that I purchased (another wisdom acquiring adventure:)) to purchase an 8HP70 mainly for the lower OD ratio (.67:1 VS .86:1 for the NAG1). I'd like to keep my 3.731 rearend, but will most likely drop down to a 3.53 or 3.23 if it is still too tall for the highway. Doing this on a budget, so trying to use recycled parts as they make sense, but purchasing anything that provides value over having to figure it out on my own.
IMG_1687-small.jpg

Either way, thanks for allowing me to participate in your forum, hope we can learn from one another. I've got a long history with cars in general, used to race SCCA back "in the day ('96-2001) and am a mechanical engineer by education and experience (let the roasting begin).

Welcome from Iowa, Great bunch of guys and gals on the B body sight.
Nice looking Challenger,
In the body shop ? Color change ?
Pic looks pretty decent.
I'm no help on the hemi swap but sounds like fun.

Welcome from Iowa, Great bunch of guys and gals on the B body sight.
Nice looking Challenger,
In the body shop ? Color change ?
Pic looks pretty decent.
I'm no help on the hemi swap but sounds like fun.
Thank you for the nice greeting. My wife is from Cedar Falls, IA. Great people up there! Since you asked, here is a photo of the car after I took it for a nice spring drive (April '23). Someone was on their phone and ran a red light. I couldn't get out of the way fast enough and the rear got clipped. Good news is that all the sheet metal will be replaced. Bad news is it's been in the shop since October and they haven't started yet. I have a pretty warmed over 340, but it began dropping a cylinder. I did the math on a Gen III swap and it seems like the way to go as opposed to rebuilding it. The car was a white 318 car, so I'm not devaluing anything. It is a constantly evolving project. keeps me busy now that my boys are out of the nest. Cheers,

April Accident.jpg

Well crap, hope you get it back soon.
Oct , that's not great but if you know the guys mabey they will get going on it.
If you have not seen it there is a late hemi swap section on here.

Welcome to FBBO

Welcome from Alabama, my Gen III swaps were done before much was available, but a 5.7 swap will net you great economy for a driver. I'm running 3.55's in both of mine. The 5.7 car is a manual TKO 5-speed. The 6.1 car retains the 727.

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. You have a Mopar so you are ok in my book. Especially one you made your own way. I had a 70 Western Sport Special that I changed up. Flat hood got replaced with a T/A one, R/T rear valance and tips, R/T-T/A rear spoiler, 360 w/6bbl, Kit Car t-bars and rear springs, painted it Sublime. For the purists who knocked it, my plates said SUDOTA[ pseudo trans am].

IMG_4149.jpeg

Scan duster 1.jpeg

Scan duster 2.jpeg

Hello from Illinois!! Wow, three months and no work started! If obtaining parts is an issue, FBBO can help find them.

Welcome (3).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back