• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Wisconsin

turand

Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm from NW Wisconsin near the Twin Cities. Technology professional by education, but I've been nursing a mechanic hobby since covid and have really enjoyed learning everything about engines. From small engines, to headgaskets and valve jobs, to brakes and ball joints, etc. I've really enjoy continuing to grow my knowledge and skills. Anyway, I'm coming up on (hopefully) an early retirement next year, and looking for opportunities to do projects with my kids. My first car was a 78 Charger (I know, 4th gen), but since then I've always wanted an opportunity to work a classic restore. I'm not looking to make a show car, just a respectful street cruiser I can take around town. I'm thinking of possibly a 3rd gen charger, I've seen a few on FB marketplace and even this forum, but there seems to be an ocean between what buyers/sellers think cars are worth, especially in the classic car market. Does anybody have some guidance or tips on valuations, especially for rollers that need a lot of work? Thanks and cheers all!

Welcome from CT. One thing if your not a skilled body man look for the best body/paint you can on the car you buy. MO

Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

IMG_4526.jpeg

Hello everyone, I'm from NW Wisconsin near the Twin Cities. Technology professional by education, but I've been nursing a mechanic hobby since covid and have really enjoyed learning everything about engines. From small engines, to headgaskets and valve jobs, to brakes and ball joints, etc. I've really enjoy continuing to grow my knowledge and skills. Anyway, I'm coming up on (hopefully) an early retirement next year, and looking for opportunities to do projects with my kids. My first car was a 78 Charger (I know, 4th gen), but since then I've always wanted an opportunity to work a classic restore. I'm not looking to make a show car, just a respectful street cruiser I can take around town. I'm thinking of possibly a 3rd gen charger, I've seen a few on FB marketplace and even this forum, but there seems to be an ocean between what buyers/sellers think cars are worth, especially in the classic car market. Does anybody have some guidance or tips on valuations, especially for rollers that need a lot of work? Thanks and cheers all!
Welcome. Anywhere close to New Richmond?

Welcome from NJ!
IMG_2778.gif
IMG_3156.gif
IMG_2869.gif
IMG_3071.gif
IMG_3195.gif
IMG_3259.gif
IMG_3890.gif
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_4599.gif
d950c4d0-ff1f-49bd-a585-e47eb469c9ec.gif

1711320835818.jpeg
Its all about being patient. Cash talks so that helps most of the time.

Welcome to the site from 40 miles east of you.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck with the B-Body quest

Welcome from Alabama, prices vary by condition and amount invested. There a deals for the patient, and also sellers that are dreaming. Unfinished projects, that sellers have lost interest in are great for someone with the ability to compete them.

Welcome.
I am also from WI.
When looking for a project around here, you will notice quite quickly that a rotten shell is worth the same as a complete car that needs paint and interior from the south.
If you are not into body work, find a 318 car that looks pretty good and then do whatever you want with the drivetrain.
If you are looking for a resto car, just buy one from the south. You can find the needles in the WI haystack, but it takes a long time and you MUST be the first one on the scene with cash in hand and no hesitation. If it looks like it should be selling around here, and doesn't, that should be a flag. The actual deals favor the jobless and retired around here, people that can show up at 3pm on a Tuesday with cash in hand.
Always first question up here on a nice looking car: "Is there a title". People go south and buy parts cars from down there with no titles or any type of history and then up here they look like cream puffs so they want a bunch of money for a car you will spend a couple years trying to get registered.
You will get a feel for the market up here the more you look.

Honestly, up here, you will get just as many looks and thumbs up from a clean hot rod Cordoba as you would from the usual suspects(maybe not at car shows :) ) because most of everything is swiss cheese or extinct up here. If that matters at all to you. Also, 70's Mopar trucks are worth more then cars many times. WI loves trucks.

Auto Transport Service
Back