• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help! flashers and blinkers going haywire.

godsmack635

Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
Drove my '68 Charger this weekend and had no issues with anything. This morning i fired it up to bring it to work and being that it was dark outside i turned on the headlight switch. Soon as I did this my hazards came on and would not stop flashing. I turned off the light switch and the headlights shut off but the hazards continued to flash. My hazard lights have never worked. I've pushed the emergency flasher switch before with the key both on and off and the hazards never worked. i've also driven the car at night and used my headlights with no problems. All of a sudden this morning when I turned on the head lights the flashers turned on and couldn't stop until I disconnected my battery. Any advice on where to start would be great. 68 charger 383 727 auto.

Flashers are wired in to work without a key.....but the turn signals are not. Are the turn signals messed up to now? If so, sounds like maybe the switch went bad.

replaced the switch and everything is working fine. Replacement I have is a used one but I plan on ordering a new (remanufactured) to also have on hand. Not sure how long this used one will last. Thanks for the help!

Auto Transport Service
Back