• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help! help!

66 bel

Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Hello I've been trying to find 2 wheels for my 66 belvedere. I currently have stock 14 by 5s on the back. I want to change them to something wider. I've tried wheel vintiques but the centers are too big [ I'm using dog dish hubcaps ]. 14 by 7s will work if i get the backspacing correct. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can use besides stockton wheel ? they are too expensive. The wheels on the car now are from a 67 belvedere , does that make a difference? Speedway Motors seem to be the same measurements. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you Billy

Hello I've been trying to find 2 wheels for my 66 belvedere. I currently have stock 14 by 5s on the back. I want to change them to something wider. I've tried wheel vintiques but the centers are too big [ I'm using dog dish hubcaps ]. 14 by 7s will work if i get the backspacing correct. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can use besides stockton wheel ? they are too expensive. The wheels on the car now are from a 67 belvedere , does that make a difference? Speedway Motors seem to be the same measurements. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you Billy
As long as the center is good. Fords are smaller

As long as the center is good. Fords are smaller

Ford wheels of the similar vintage DO NOT work on our Mopars. The bolt circle is the same, but the center hole is smaller. This holds the wheel off of the drum a small amount, and the lug nuts loosen up. I found this out the hard way on my 65 Coronet many years ago. Drove 15 miles, then almost lost a wheel before I got the car stopped!

Ford wheels of the similar vintage DO NOT work on our Mopars. The bolt circle is the same, but the center hole is smaller. This holds the wheel off of the drum a small amount, and the lug nuts loosen up. I found this out the hard way on my 65 Coronet many years ago. Drove 15 miles, then almost lost a wheel before I got the car stopped!
Yes. thats what I ment

Auto Transport Service
Back