• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying - 318 bits

TheWheelXp

Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
Hi all! Don't let this first post fool you - I've been lurking and researching for a bit! ;)

I'm working on making a roadkill parts car into a temporary driver (to figure out what all parts are actually worth swapping to a better body that's in storage). More on that later, but long story short, for now:

1974 Charger SE B-body, 318 engine, 727 trans - Previous owners have definitely fiddled with many things (I've already corrected some wiring issues and now have crank and spark), so I'm piecing together the puzzle while also using the internets to figure out if I even have the right pieces...

Looks like somebody has already done a 2bbl to 4bbl conversion. Any idea what intake this is? It's a spread bore 4bbl that still has the EGR setup.

Since the old quadrajet is in rough shape and missing some bits, I grabbed a reman Edelbrock 1406. Right now, the linkage hits the EGR on the intake. If I use a square-to-spread bore adaptor, it should move vertically enough for the linkage to clear. I could also delete and block off the EGR, potentially.

Also, looking at the linkage, any idea what is going on here? It's real loose and floppy, but I think it's actually the right setup, since it was hopefully running the 4bbl at some point?

huh1 - 1 (1).jpeg

huh1 - 1 (2).jpeg

huh1 - 1.jpeg

huh1 - 2.jpeg

Not sure what intake that is but yes make a block off plate and get rid of the EGR. Its not needed. Spread bore to square bore adapter plate yup looks like you have most of it figured out.

Thanks so much! Adapter plate is on the way! We'll get this motor running, then it's on to trans and brakes!

Auto Transport Service
Back