• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with 66-67 seat track configuration please

Mike Brini

Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
Thank you in advance for any help.

I'm switching from bench to buckets in my 66. I have factory buckets from a 67 b body along with brackets and mounts.

Can someone please post some pics so I can see which bracket goes where. I failed to take pics when I took them apart

Release levers to the outside. Pulling back to release will tell you what side it is. Example left outer you will be pulling back. Once you see that the inners should be obvious.

Thanks for the info but the tracks are aftermarket and release from the front. I need some pics

I have factory buckets from a 67 b body along with brackets and mounts.

Thanks for the info but the tracks are aftermarket and release from the front. I need some pics
I doubt you're trying to be confusing, but that's how it's playing out.

Nobody has a clue what kind of tracks you're trying to put on the factory buckets. You will need to post the pics, so hopefully someone who has experience with that exact product will chime in to help you.

I'm sorry for any confusion. The tracks are irrelevant because they bolt to the seat frame just like the factory tracks. I have removed the rivets that held the original tracks to the brackets. I need to bolt the original brackets to the new tracks and then the brackets to the mounts. That is why I need pictures of how they are oriented. Other than pictures nothing else will help.

I'd like to thank everyone who sent the pics I needed. It was very nice of you to go out to your car and take pictures of the underside of your seat where the mounts and brackets are. Thanks again

Auto Transport Service
Back