• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP - ZERO BRAKES

440R/TCharger

Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
I have a 66 Coronet 273ci with power brakes. I had no brakes and I have replaced all of my drum brakes, the power brake booster, and the master cylinder, bled them all the way around and yet I still have zero brakes. Any help much appreciated. I am still using the original distribution block as it is the original style master cylinder.

vacuum loss/ leak? A dual master cylinder would be a nice safety upgrade I think.
Booster leak or vacuum leak still will allow a pedal. Distribution valve failure will still allow pedal. This problem is most likely a problem with air or to much travel of the shoes.

If there is air in the master cylinder or in the lines it would show the same air bubbles upon bleeding. He says he bled the brakes.
Said and thought he said are common responses. Fact is he has something very simple wrong. Its not rocket science. Its a simple hydraulic system.

Whoa....TWO posts in 15 years and one of them is today!
The term "No brakes" is vague and needs to be elaborated a bit.
Are you claiming a free travel of the pedal with zero resistance to the pedal?
Is it that the pedal does have resistance but still goes to the floor? Does the pedal get a little firmer as you get to the floor?
Are the brake shoes adjusted out to where the drums have a little drag to them while spinning?
Is the linkage actually attached under the dash?
Did you get fluid flow when you bled the brakes?
Were there any bubbles?
I know that some tasks we do can be frustrating. We all have been there.
To help you, we would need more information. You can't just expect the members to play detective while you keep all the clues to yourself.

if he bled the brakes properly; either his adjustments are way out, or he has a massive leak under pressure

Whoa....TWO posts in 15 years and one of them is today!
The term "No brakes" is vague and needs to be elaborated a bit.
Are you claiming a free travel of the pedal with zero resistance to the pedal?
Is it that the pedal does have resistance but still goes to the floor? Does the pedal get a little firmer as you get to the floor?
Are the brake shoes adjusted out to where the drums have a little drag to them while spinning?
Is the linkage actually attached under the dash?
Did you get fluid flow when you bled the brakes?
Were there any bubbles?
I know that some tasks we do can be frustrating. We all have been there.
To help you, we would need more information. You can't just expect the members to play detective while you keep all the clues to yourself.
He posted his question at 10:55 and left.....gotta wait till he comes back....15 more years?

Auto Transport Service
Back